This Is the mental tuning therapy. In this procedure lukewarm medicated oil is continuesly dropped over the BRAHM-RANDHRA (forehead) for particular duration of time. This procedure is excellent in stress and insomnia, This is also good in psychatric problems. This gives a glow to the face and calm to the mind.
Shirodhara is an ancient Ayurvedic healing practice performed in India for over 5,000 years. The word shirodhara breaks down into two ideas: “shiro,” meaning head, and “dhara,” which means flow. Together they form a concept that aims to bring physical and emotional balance by rejuvenating the spirit and preserving health. This is achieved through a relaxing technique in which warmed oil is poured over a client’s forehead for an extended period of time.
Advantages of Shiro Dhara:
- Stimulates the 3rd eye and crown chakras, and awakens intuition and inner wisdom
- Relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through natural serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin release.
- Helps mental focus and concentration
- Balances VATA DOSHA
- Works on the cerebral system, helps to relax the nervous system, and balances the 'Praan Vaayu' (life force energy) around the head
- Improves the sensitivity of five senses
- Reduces and relieves migraine headaches
- Decreases hair loss and fatigue and makes one calm and refreshed
- Deeply relaxes mind and body
- Releases negative emotions and thought patterns.
- Improves sleep patterns
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines
- Heightens the senses
- Increases spiritual awareness
- Pacifies vata reducing anxiety, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, fear & excessive thinking
- Improves mental focus and concentration.